|Today, Gov. Kay Ivey issued an updated statewide health order that goes into effect Monday, May 11. Here are the key takeaways from today’s updated order: Non-work gatherings no longer require a 10-person limit; however, people not from the same household must remain six feet apart Restaurants, bars and breweries may open with limited table seating and six feet between tables; additional sanitation rules and guidelines may apply Athletic facilities (such as fitness centers and gyms) may open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines; specific athletic activities are still not allowed Close-contact service providers (such as barber shops, hair salons, nail salons and tattoo services) may open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines Beaches are open with no limit on gatherings; however, people not from the same household must maintain six feet of separation|
All public and private beaches along Alabama’s Gulf Coast, including Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and the Fort Morgan peninsula will open Thursday, April 30 at 5pm.
- Anyone using the beach must maintain a 6-foot distance from other people, except those in their own household group. Groups are limited to no more than 10 people. Normal use of the beach – chairs, umbrellas, etc. – is allowed.
- Pools at hotels and condos will be open. However there still should be no gatherings of more than 10 people and they must always maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times. Hotel and condominium properties may implement their own policies to best manage pool access.
- All public boat launches and waterways in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are still open, as are all recreational trails, public fishing piers, golf courses, and boating and fishing charters.
- All retail stores, including grocery stores and pharmacies, may open as long as they maintain a 50% occupancy rate, 6-foot social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Charter fishing businesses may open but avoid gatherings of 10 or more people and must keep clients six feet apart.